Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Musings

I don't understand how people can think it does not matter what music they listen to with their small children in the car. Friday afternoon, as we were driving home from a doctor's appointment, we were listening to a LeCrae CD and the song "Don't Waste Your Life" came on. For those of you not familiar with it, it talks about how a life not lived for Christ is wasted. Emma sat quietly in the backseat (I actually thought she was asleep) listening to the words and said, "Mama, if we waste our life that make Jesus sad." If she can understand so deep a concept at 2 years old, what makes people think their kids don't understand songs about sex, drinking, etc at 5 or 6? I've seen kids about Emma's age singing songs about sex, songs with cussing in them, songs talking about violence and rape. I just don't get it. I'd much rather Emma sing songs like these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment