Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Musings

Ever wonder what the down side is of EC (elimination communication)?
We started EC with Joshua because he DOES NOT like to pee in his diaper. I had read in an article about EC that for some babies, unexplained fussiness can be as simple as they have to pee. Joshua started fussing one day last week, and i thought "What the heck" so I put him on Emma's little potty and sure enough he peed and then was just as happy as can be. I put that same dry diaper back on him, and we tried a few more times. I have to admit, I think I'm pretty good at this so far. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)
Anyway, back to the original point: the down side. The downside is that Joshua expects (and insists really) that I will get up and take him to the potty if he decides he needs to pee at 4:30 in the morning. Which is actually not as bad as 6:55 on my day to sleep in because I couldn't go back to sleep. Having less diaper laundry kind of makes up for it, but I'm hoping all this hard work pays off when it comes time to potty train him. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment